Back to School 2021
Well, it's certainly going to be yet another different 'Back to School' for everyone this September...
(hopefully without bubbles, masks and lateral flow tests!
Headstart Youth hope that all 10 - 16 year olds in Cornwall:
Feel positive about the school year ahead
Know how to look after wellbeing and be able to find coping strategies for when things get a bit much
Feel OK to ask for help
So, as well as checking out whether your uniform still fits... and getting a new pencil case (and at least 10 highlighter pens); and a Chelsea lunch box...Make sure you''re ready for back to school by getting...
Great Back to School wellbeing ideas...
- Starting Secondary School this term? - Check out Transition Mission
- Worry Walt's "What to do about Worries" - Whether you've got a few worries about going back to school after a bit of a weird year or starting at a new school, you're not alone, lots of students feel this way and it's perfectly normal!
- Wellbeing & Resilience Action Plan: - make your own wellbeing action plan and find loads of really great ideas to download in the Wellbeing Toolkit. Great ideas like a calming breathing exercise with Beerbohm the Yoga Cat (a brilliant animation made by Zenna one of the Headstart Youth Team)
- 5 Ways to Wellbeing: Great ways to help you look after your wellbeing
- Sleep: During lockdown lots of people (adults and children) found their sleep patterns got a bit mixed up. We've got some great advice for getting back to a normal routine - so you'll get back to school ready for the term ahead and on time each day
- Eating Well A healthy diet can really help your wellbeing and mental health and boost your brain power for learning!
- Fun stuff: Need a distraction or something to do to help you relax? we've got a few ideas
Parents and carers - try this useful booklet - Support YP Through Secondary Transition