We help Headstart Kernow as film makers; board members; event organisers; web designers; musicians; artists; interviewers and young people who want to help improve resilience and emotional wellbeing for all 10 - 16 year olds in Cornwall ... To tell you all about #HSKYouth and how you could #StartNow and get involved
What is Headstart?
HeadStart will spend the next five years looking at how to help young people with their wellbeing and how to stop young people from developing serious mental health issues. To do this, HeadStart is providing different types of help and support to young people in schools, online and where they live.
HSK can help you understand what mental health is and how you can look after it! So you can:
- Know how to look after your own wellbeing
- Realise when you need help
- Know where to get help
- Be confident to ask for help
- Help your friends
- Make sure your voice and your views are heard
If you are aged 10-16 in Cornwall you could:
- Join YOUthInMind, our film project with Pirate FM
- Learn new skills / have fun at our wellbeing workshops
- Connect with other young people
- Make Friends
- Help your school look after your wellbeing better
- Create content for the website - artwork, animation, blogs, music, stories...
- Join our wellbeing Book Club
- Take part in the #HSKYouth Board to help run Headstart Kernow
- Have your say about Cornwall Council services as part of the Youth Engagement Strategy
- Share your top tips for looking after your wellbeing
- Take part in #YOUthFest - our amazing wellbeing festival planned and run by YOU!
- Help create our very own exhibition at the Royal Cornwall Museum in Truro
- Just have Fun
Every 10-16 year old in Cornwall is welcome... Why don't you join us!
Young people have been at the heart of the programme since the beginning. Helping to shape and guide the programme
'We are going to build the resilience and emotional wellbeing of a child until they can spread the word and help others themselves.
Wouldn’t that be just amazing!.... '