Sometimes feelings can be overwhelming
Low Mood and Depression
Coping with BIG feelings
Here are some ideas young people have shared about how they learnt to understand and deal with their feelings:
Sometimes our feelings can become too much to bear. Try some of these ideas to help let them out safely…
- Have a pillow fight with the wall or punch a pillow
- Strenuous exercise - do sit ups!
- Tear up paper into really small pieces
- Run / cycle / Go for a stompy walk
- Sing at the top of your voice
- Throw socks against the wall
- Paint / colour / scribble
- Play with a stress ball or burst bubble wrap
When you've let the feelings go and you're feeling better try a breathing or relaxation activity to help (you can find some ideas in the Wellbeing Toolkit.
There are some great ideas for coping with BIG feelings in this video!