Five ways to wellbeing - Connect
Connect with the people around you.
With family, friends, and neighbours.
At home, school or in your local community.
Building connections will support you every day.
Ways to connect:
- With family – share your day and ask about theirs
- At school - speak to someone new. Smile and speak to someone as you pass them in the corridor
- Ask a friend about their weekend and pay attention and listen when they tell you
- Talk to someone in person or on the phone instead of messaging or social media
- Make contact with someone you used to hang out with
- Find an old photo of friends or family and share it with them
- Don’t use your phone for a day (or at least for a few hours!)
- Take your headphones off when in a shop
- Ask your parents or carer about their childhood
- Don’t use the self-checkout in a shop and talk to the shop assistant
- Write a letter or send a postcard to someone
- Smile at a person on the street and say hello
- Share a random or inspirational photo with your friends
- Set up a social network group with a new group of friends
- Message a friend. It doesn’t matter what it says, people appreciate it when you think of them.